The Source is a Youth and Family urgent response program, administered by the Sacramento Children’s Home.
The Source aims to provide support to youth up to 21 years old and caregivers during times of crisis and struggle. The program features urgent crisis support, which includes a free hotline for youth and families, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Source is also available via text message, live online chat, and through social media. Caregivers will be provided with case management, mental health services, referrals, and respite activities when applicable.
- Crisis Support for Youth: Youth up to 21 years old receive support in the moment to handle their crisis and take care of their needs. Intense, short-term help is available as well as resources to create a plan for the future.
- Crisis Support for Caregivers: Caregivers receive assistance to aid overcoming conflicts and crisis situations as they happen. Intense, short-term support is available, as well as resources to create a plan for the future.
- Referrals: You will receive help to identify which programs can serve you long term and make a valuable connection with you.
- Resources: You will be connected with other programs in your area to best meet your needs, and you will have a place to call when you’re not sure who can help.
- Phone: You will get support by phone when you need it most, and we will help you make a plan for wellness. Support is available via chat and text.
- Community: We deliver support to you so you will get help where you need it most. Our services cover homes, schools, and the community in general.