The Sacramento Children’s Home eVIBE program is a free violence prevention and early intervention program designed to teach social skills, violence prevention, and conflict management skills for youth and families. The goal of the eVIBE program is to support youth and families in having healthy and safe peer and family relationships. eVIBE equips youth and their families with the tools necessary to navigate away from bullying and violence, while also building positive relationships.
Stop & Think
The focus of the Stop & Think curriculum is to teach children interpersonal, personal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills and routines necessary to interact positively and safely, and manage their behavior responsibly and independently. The program is strength based and focuses on what we want children to do versus what we do not want them to do. Stop & Think is designed for children in 1st – 6th grade. Students develop skills like:
- Following directions
- Avoiding trouble
- Making good choices
- Dealing with losing
Too Good For Violence
Too Good For Violence focuses on how to build positive peer relationships while teaching youth how to recognize specific developmental and environmental risks, with an emphasis on preventing youth violence. Too Good For Violence is designed for middle school and high school students.
- Helps children bond with positive peers
- Provides information about the risks
- Builds skills that make growing up a little less risky and a lot more fun
- Uses role-playing, games and other age-appropriate activities to teach lessons
- Teaches strong character-based skills, attitudes and behaviors like conflict resolution, respect and effective communication
Nurturing Parenting Program
The Nurturing Parenting Program is evidence based and designed to build strong, healthy bonds between parents and their children. Program curriculum provides parents with effective behavior management tools and encourages the development of healthy parent-child relationships, so that families may face their unique challenges together. The program can be used in-home or at group sessions for children of all ages.
- Guiding families to become stronger, happier, and healthier by decreasing family conflict, family violence, abuse and neglect.
- Managing conflict & learning alternatives
- Establishing nurturing routines
- Reinforcing healthy family roles
- Understanding discipline
- Recognizing feelings & understanding stress