We are pleased to welcome our dedicated and valued volunteers back to the Sacramento Children’s Home!
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Sacramento Children’s Home and the youth and families we serve as a volunteer. The Sacramento Children’s Home offers a wide array of volunteer opportunities to accommodate a variety of schedules and levels of time commitment. SCH volunteers live out their passion to build a better tomorrow for at-risk children and families and there are numerous ways to get involved! Volunteer as an individual or group, work directly with our children, behind the scenes, at events, or in the community. No matter your role, as a volunteer, you will be a valuable part of the Sacramento Children’s Home. The work you do will enhance our ability to open doors to the future by maximizing the potential of the children and families we serve. Every hour you donate to the Sacramento Children’s Home is an hour well spent. Volunteers really do make a difference!
Note about COVID-19 and our new volunteer requirements:
With COVID-19 still a concern in our community, the Sacramento Children’s Home has implemented new requirements for some volunteer positions. To learn more about these requirements, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Wendy Beseda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are our volunteer opportunities:
SCH Program Volunteers
- Residential: Volunteer opportunities directly with children are always a popular option! These volunteers spend time with the boys who live at the Sacramento Children’s Home. Volunteer opportunities in this program include playing board games, reading, playing outside, or shooting hoops with our residents. A volunteer may spend one-on-one time with a child who needs extra attention. Above all, they are positive adult role models for the boys in our program and help fill a void in their lives. Residential volunteers must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass the application process and background check. We ask for a commitment of at least two hours per week for one year or 100 total hours.
- Crisis Nursery: Crisis Nursery volunteers are needed often! There are volunteer opportunities at both crisis nurseries. Volunteering work includes reading, helping at mealtime, washing dishes, folding laundry, working on an enrichment project, or playing outside with the children. Volunteers interact with children ages zero to five and help provide them with a safe, nurturing, and loving environment. Crisis Nursery volunteers must be at least 18 years old and successfully pass the application process and background check. We ask for a commitment of at least two hours per week for one year or 100 total hours.
SCH Administrative Volunteers
Sac Century Challenge 2021 Volunteers
Community Outreach Volunteers & Social Media Ambassadors
Social Media Ambassadors: Always on Facebook? Love to Tweet? Post selfies to Instagram? #WeNeedYourHelp! Social Media Ambassadors actively follow the Sacramento Children’s Home on social media and help boost engagement by frequently liking, sharing, and commenting on our posts. These volunteers should have a strong local social media presence and be active on at least one of the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Social Media Ambassadors must be comfortable sharing program updates, success stories, fundraising campaigns, and other related posts, and be excited to spread the word about the Sacramento Children’s Home to their friends. You can be a Social Media Ambassador anywhere, anytime, from any device!
Special Event Volunteers
Volunteers are a key component of every successful Sacramento Children’s Home event. Volunteers can fill many event roles, such as assisting with computer registration and check out, helping with set up and take down, selling raffle tickets, assisting with service or bartending, etc. So no matter their role, every event volunteer is important and appreciated. For more information about upcoming events, visit our events page.
The Sacramento Children’s Home welcomes groups from local businesses and community organizations to undertake service projects that support the mission of the Sacramento Children’s Home. Groups may donate their time to help complete a project at the Sacramento Children’s Home main campus, or at one Family Resource Centers or Crisis Nurseries in the community. Opportunities may include:
- Helping with a beautification project like grounds keeping, gardening, or painting.
- Volunteering at a program or fundraising event.
- Volunteering at our holiday donation site.
- Other projects as needed.