To achieve our mission, the Sacramento Children’s Home relies on support from generous and talented community members. Your donation of goods or services will directly benefit children and families in need.
We have an immediate need for the following items:
Note: All items must be NEW, except for gently used clothing for children age 0-5 in our Crisis Nurseries (or where noted).
- Couch, kitchen table and chairs (new or gently used)
- Educational toys for preschoolers and toddlers to develop fine and gross motor activities, such as puzzles and stacking blocks
- Diapers (all sizes), diaper bags
- Scented diaper waste bags
- Baby wipes
- Children’s toothbrushes (ages 2-5)
- Pain relievers (Children’s Tylenol, Children’s Advil or Motrin, Acetaminophen 325mg, Ibuprofen 200mg)
- Medical supplies (body temperature thermometers, cough drops, hot/cold ice packs, Pedialyte popsicles, Pedialyte drinks, Gatorade)
- Medical gloves, latex-free (small, medium, and large)
- Hypoallergenic body wash/soap (such as Dove or Aveno)
- Cream of Nature Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner
- Bed pillows, mattress protectors (twin size, vinyl/waterproof), and diaper changing pads (washable)
- High chairs, potty chairs, strollers
- Bike helmets (boys ages 6-10)
- Men’s sweats [no solid red or blue] (sizes small-XL), no-show ankle socks, crew socks, shoes (sizes 6-12)
- Clothing (boys and girls; newborn, toddler 2T-5T, and children’s sizes 10-16)
- Underwear (boys and girls sizes 3T-5T, boys 8-16)
- New books ages K-12
- Batteries (sizes AA, AAA, D)
- Flash drives (minimum 6GB)
- Hygiene products (men’s 3-1, body wash, shampoo, stick deodorant, foot powder)
- Towels, washcloths
- Lice kits, sun screen (children’s sensitive skin), bug spray (children’s), reusable hot and cold packs
- Grocery bags (reusable)
- Bottled water
- Golf cart for our Maintenance Department
- A 5×10-foot tilt trailer with a load capacity of 1,500 pounds
Your donation of a service can make a huge impact on the children and families in our community that need it the most. From auto repairs to contracting services, graphic design to printing, your support through an in-kind donation of services allows us to help children and families in the Sacramento area and help break the generational cycle of abuse and neglect.
We look to our community to donate labor for specific projects at any of our various locations. This could include helping with the remodel of a residential cottage, planting trees around our main campus or hosting a “carnival” for our residents during their summer vacation.