The holidays are a joyful time when we can give thanks for all that we have and give back to those in need. Last year, across all of our prevention, early intervention and mental health treatment programs, about 1,200 of our community’s most vulnerable children count on the Sacramento Children’s Home to fulfill their holiday wishes every year. For most of them, gifts received through our program will be the only gifts they receive this year. We need your help to make their holiday dreams a reality!
Make a Financial Donation
A bright future is the best gift a child can get! Your gift to the Sacramento Children’s Home helps to sustain programs that strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect. Click here to make a donation.
Grab a Wish Star – Make Dreams Come True!
Visit the Sacramento Children’s Home at 2750 Sutterville Road or any of our public Giving Tree locations to choose a star or stars and start fulfilling the holiday wishes of real children we serve. Each star contains three wishes (or ideas) for you while you shop. Return the unwrapped items with the star to SCH during the hours listed below. Our drop-off deadline is December 14. For more information, read our FAQ.
Sacramento Children’s Home, 2750 Sutterville Road, Sacramento 95820. Dates and hours for drop off of holiday donations:
- Friday, December 7 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Saturday, December 8 (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) | Closed Sunday, December 9
- Monday, December 10 through Friday, December 14 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
The deadline has been extended to Tuesday, December 18 by 5:00 pm. We get very busy on the final day, so earlier drop-offs are encouraged. For more information: Holiday Giving Program FAQ.
If you have any questions, please contact Ann Checkley at (916) 290-8203 or Ann.Checkley@kidshome.org.
Adopt a Family
For families, coworkers, or groups looking to take care of more than one child this holiday season, we provide an “Adopt a Family” option. Make a local family’s holiday wishes come true by helping to provide household goods, gifts for the children, or other essential items to make their season bright! Click here for further information and a fillable form to get started on adopting a family this year.
Host a Giving Tree Site
If you sign up to participate as a Giving Tree Host, we will provide you with everything you will need to get started. To host a giving tree, let us know if it’s public or private (for your organization/family only), tell us how many stars and ornaments you’d like us to send you, and complete the contact info and address for delivery. If you’d like to host a public site, confirm your location, include your website so we can link to you, and the date you’ll open your giving tree to the public. Click here to read more and sign up as a Giving Tree site.
Giving Tree locations (opening date):
- Brighton Private School, 405 Natoma Station Drive Folsom
- Brighton Schools Folsom, 777 Levy Road Folsom
- Brighton Schools Granite Bay, 8544 Auburn Folsom Road Granite Bay
- Brookfields Restaurant, 11135 Folsom Boulevard Rancho Cordova
- Brookfields Restaurant, 1817 Taylor Road Roseville
- Brookfields Restaurant, 4343 Madison Avenue Sacramento
- Casa Garden Restaurant, 2760 Sutterville Road Sacramento
- Chirag R. Vaid D.D.S., 2201 Capitol Avenue Sacramento
- Experis IT, 3101 Zinfandel Drive, Suite 240 Rancho Cordova
- First Bank, 3101 Zinfandel Drive, Suite 100 Rancho Cordova
- First Bank, 1625 Douglas Boulevard Roseville
- Future Ford, 4625 Madison Avenue Sacramento
- Gymboree Play and Music, 6400 Sunrise Boulevard, Suite H Citrus Heights
- Knights of Columbus – Travis Air Force Base, Twin Peaks Chapel, 200 Hackett Avenue Travis Air Force Base
- Natomas Crossing Dental Care, 4190 Truxel Road Sacramento
- Rescate Coffee, 2475 Elk Grove Boulevard, Suite 160 Elk Grove
- Sacramento Children’s Home, 2750 Sutterville Road Sacramento
- The Bounce Spot, 2939 Promenade Street West Sacramento
- Travis AFB First Sergeants Council, 461 Skymaster Circle #648 Travis Air Force Base
- Tri Counties Bank, 3700 Douglas Boulevard Roseville